Sunday, February 13, 2011

Paper Players Color Challenge #34

When I first saw the Challenge Colors I was a little bit scared! I thought how in the world am I going to pull off Cajun Craze & Cherry Cobbler together? Color Challenges are the hardest challenges to do. I find myself get stuck at a dead end road...

I have to say I love the way this card turned out. I used the Cherry Cobbler as a accent to the Cajun Craze in the flower and I think it works. What do you think?

Stamp Sets: Curly Cute (WM-117014 CM-121510)

Cardstock: Cajun Craze (119684), Cherry Cobbler (119685), Crumb Cake (120953), Whisper White (100730), & Regals DSP Pack (117154)

Ink: Cajun Craze (119671)

Cool Tools: Big Shot (113439) & Blossom Party Die (115971)

Perfect Touch: Crumb Cake Seam Binding (Occasions Mini 122332), Regals Designer Buttons (119744), & Hemp Twine (100982)

Extra’s: Snail (104332)

Thanks for stopping by and please play along with The Paper Players this week!

9 comments:

  1. I love how your card turned out too. Its beautiful and the flower is gorgeous!!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like this card. That flower is so awesome looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fantastic job of combining the colors....I always get stuck too...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous job, Stephanie! The flower is gorgeous! Way to incorporate the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - what a great way to accentuate the cajun craze flower. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it works great! I was a little apprehensive at this challenge too--if it was October, that would be another story! But you made a fabulous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie, looking at this card you wouldn't think you had been scared of the colors at all. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Cajun Craze and Cherry Cobbler flower. It really pops so beautifully against the Whisper White square. The touch of Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon was a fabulous way to incorporate the Crumb Cake - especially as it echoed the linen thread in the button. Absolutely GORGEOUS!
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephanie, maybe you struggled but we would never know from the result! Your flower is gorgeous and looks totally effortless! I love the way Cobbler accents Cajun and I especially love how you distressed the layers of petals. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I would never know for one second that you were scared of this color combo!! Your flower is awesome, and the colors are perfect together for it!

    ReplyDelete