Saturday, January 22, 2011

Lovely as a Tree for SSC187


Happy Saturday! This is like the only day this week that it hasn't snowed, or sleeted here in the Northeast. As soon as I saw the sketch from Stamping 411 I knew that I wanted to try and capture a photo I took yesterday outside after the 3rd storm this week. I tried to get the effect of Ice on the tops of the trees, but it didn't turn out like I wanted it too. However I am happy with the outcome of the card.


We had a huge Ice storm come in on Tuesday/Wednesday, followed by 8 inches of Snow on Friday. I took this photo while shoveling the deck. The Sun was out and the sky was crystal clear blue! I love how the branches are still covered in Ice.








Stamps Sets: Lovely as a Tree (WM-115026), & Teeny Tiny Wishes (WM-1153370)

Cardstock: Chocolate Chip (102128), & Bashful Blue (105120)

Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908), & Versamarker (100901)

Cool Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439), Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (117335), Scallop Edge Border (119882), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border (119275), & Heat Tool (100005)

Perfect Touch: Hemp Twine (100982), & Clear Emboss Powder (109130)

Extra’s: Snail (104332), Stampin Dimensionals (104430) & Glue Dots (103683)
Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card, as is your picture. Way to show off this nice layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I have a feeling you live near me, because I could have written that same post haha!! Another storm coming up Wednesday I hear?? Anyway, gorgeous card, I never tire of seeing Lovely as a Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Kerin another storm coming Tuesday into Wednesday...I am tired of winter already!

    I live about 45 mins south of Albany, NY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - love the lacing! Beautiful pic of your trees too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the lace work on your card! Ice in the trees is so pretty....but sure don't like it on the roads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful...I love the lacing on the border. It's a great finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzee -- beautiful card! Great job! Thanks for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful. I love the simplicity of it. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete