Saturday, November 6, 2010

Welcome Christmas & SSC176

This week Stamping 411 has another great sketch to try out. I love sketch challenges! I choose to do another Christmas card as it seems that magical day is getting closer!


I love Cherry Cobller, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla together! I am very traditional when it comes to Holiday decorating so these colors match my style perfectly!
I embossed only the top corner of my main image with the Northern Flurry Embossing Folder from the Holiday Mini. I love how I was able to only use the 3 smaller snowflakes.
I added some Vanilla Shimmer Smooch to the Snowflakes by painting the shimmer on, but you can not tell in this photo.
Stamp Sets: Welcome Christmas (CM-120597 WM-118736), & Teeny Tiny Wishes (WM-115370)

Cardstock: Early Espresso (119691), Cherry Cobbler (119685), Crumb Cake (120953), & Very Vanilla (101650)

Ink: Early Espresso (119670)

Cool Tools: Big Shot (113439), Petals a Plenty (Embossing folder 116824), Northern Flurry (Holiday Mini Embossing Folder (120902), Word Window Punch (119857) & Decorative Label Punch (Holiday Mini 120907)

Perfect Touch: Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding (Holiday Mini 120992), Regal Designer Buttons (119744), Hemp Twine (100982), & Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz (118772)

Extra’s: Snail (104332), Glue Dots (103683), & Paint Brush (Local Store)

Hope you enjoy my card this week!

15 comments:

  1. Great Card! I might CASE this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! Great use of that family stamp - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Balance on this card. Great interpretation of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Love all your embossing! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the embossing and the button is the perfect finishing touch! Great job on this week's Sketch -- thanks for playing allong at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really digging your style. This is simple but still traditional. Beautiful use of texture. Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! This is awesome!! I love the homey feel of this card and that button treatment is da' bomb!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the spin on this one! Itching to CASE! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous!! I'm so excited, I just ordered this stamp set...can't wait for it to get here now! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love how you did this! I love the double embossing.. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! I love all the texture added by the two embossing folders!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is simply gorgeous! Great color and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you used two Impressions Folders! Great colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. congratulations on making the stampers showcase, as soon as I saw your card it made mine!!! I just love it. Re-living happy memories! Thanks for sharing your great tallent.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Classy and pretty! Congrats on your 411 pick!

    ReplyDelete