Saturday, October 9, 2010

Stampin 411 #172 & Happy Birthday

I am so glad Stamping 411 had a great simple sketch this week that I would be able to create a Birthday card for my Son who will turn 13 tomorrow. He is very excited that his birthday is on 10-10-10 this year and to boot it is a big one for him. 13! We will be taking 3 of his freinds with us to Lake George NY to celebrate at Six Flags!



This sketch is great for a masculine card because it does not have a lot of elements!
I choose to stay monochromatic and used one of Christians favorite colors night of navy.
I love how the Decorative Label match up with the points on the Lattice Die!
This card is so simple for a boy...not alot of frills since I used the 1/8" tafetta Ribbon.
Stamp Sets: Word Play (CM-120651 WM-120308)

Cardstock: Night of Navy (100867), Whisper White (100730) & Regals DSP Pack (117154)

Ink: Night of Navy (102977)

Cool Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439), Lattice Bigz Die (115958), & Decorative Label (Holiday Mini 120907)

Perfect Touch: 1/8” Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon (119262)

Extra’s: Snail (104332), & Stampin Dimensionals (104430)
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Great card! I'm with your son, love Night of Navy. Have fun at Six Flags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So easy, so fun and so WOW!!! thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, so glad the sketch worked out for your son's birthday! Have a blast, you've got the perfect weekend weather for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet he loved his card! The lattice background is an easy way to make a dramatic card! Hope they had a great time at Six Flags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to use the Lattice background! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Card love the way u used the textures all together:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful! I really love the lattice element.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super cute!!! This is my favorite new In Color and I love what you did with the lattice element!! Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete