Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Paper Players Challenge #18

This week the Paper Papers have gone Monochromatic and you can choose any color and any sketch! I have wanted to do a non-traditional christmas card but was a little scared. So I thought this challenge would be the one to try it. I have used all Blushing Bride...what do you think?

  • I used the Gifted set for my main image and I did not want the phrase that is in the set for this card so I masked the " Tis the Season" part of the stamp so it would not appear when I stamped the Image.
  • I used sponges to lightly give the egde of the Scallop Square a hint of color so it did stick out like a sore thumb.
  • I did not have any Blushing Bride Buttons so I used the ones from the Subtles Collection...Can you tell the difference?

Stamp Sets: Gifted (CM-120480 WM-116982), & Curly Cute (CM-120510 WM-117014)

Cardstock: Blushing Bride (119796), Whisper White (100730) & In Color DSP (Hostess Level 1 121028)

Ink: Blushing Bride (119786)
Cool Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439), Scallop Square Duo Bigz Dies (Holiday Mini 120903), & Paper Piercer (116631)

Perfect Touch: Whisper White 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon (119262), Subtles Designer Buttons (119745), Sponges (101610) & In Color Glimmer Brads (Holiday Mini 121005)

Extra’s: Snail (104332) & Mini Glue Dots (103683)

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Adorable, Stephanie! I love the button and the brads! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the non-traditional color of this card. Those little stockings are so cute and I love the glimmer brads. Thanks for joining us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I would not have thought to use BB as a color---but it looks pretty cute here! Thanks so much for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blushing beauty you have created!! Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie, I love that you went outside of the box for this Christmas card. Great job masking off the sentiment, too. the brads... perfect!
    So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week.
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete