Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mojo161 & Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I was inspired by today's card from one of the Mojo Designers and my super talented upline Mary Fish! She inspired me to create a card for someone in my life who has overcome Breast Cancer. My Step-fathers Mothers has beat this disease twice in her life.





I choose to color a couple of the flowers Pink to represent beating this disease. To me it shows great strength and courage to fight this battle.


The layout from the Mojo Sketch is so simple to keep this a clean card as it a simple way to send a card just to say I am thinking of her!


I love the color combo of Brown & Pink so I chose Early Espresso & Pretty in Pink.


The simple touch for this card is layering the 2 ribbons together to give this card a nice texture & contrast.


Stamp Sets: Thoughts and Prayers (WM-113252), & Teeny Tiny Wishes (WM-115370)

Cardstock: Pretty in Pink (100459), Early Espresso (119686), & Whisper White (100730)

Ink: Early Espresso (Classic ink pad 119670) & Regal Rose (Stampin’ Write Marker (105130)

Cool Tools: Scallop Oval Punch (119855), & 1 ¾” x 7/8” Oval Punch (119855)

Perfect Touch: Pretty in Pink 5/8” Satin Ribbon (117289 & Early Espresso 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon (119959)

Extra’s: Snail (104332)


I hope you enjoy and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is very pretty. I really like the thin ribbon along the lower part of the card...very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. knock me out . . . this card is gorgeous in pink! thanks for the shout out and kind words. your fearless leader :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This project is so very pretty! Did you know that it's time for another challenge at Papercraft Star and we hope that you will consider using your creative talents to join us for our "Thank You" theme! We are currently accepting applications for our Design Team too and It's also not too late to sign up for our $25.00 gift certificate drawing! Hope you visit us today! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

    ReplyDelete