Saturday, October 30, 2010

Birthday Bakery SSC175 & PDCC53

I needed a Birthday card for my son today as he is going to a friends 13th Birthday Party tonight and she happens to be a girl. What a relief for me as boys birthday cards are a weak spot for me. I love the sketches that Stamping 411 have every Saturday Morning. This was perfect to go along with the colors over at The Play Date Cafe.





  • I choose to "split" the Top Note Die in half with a ribbon treatment that I wrapped around the back of the card by punching little holes with the Crop a Dile. I did not want to loose the points of the Top Note by wrapping the ribbon over them.

At the top I stamped all of those lovely cakes, and the bottom the wonderful greeting in the same set.

I mounted my DSP strips on Basic Black and positioned them a little to the right to give a sense of shadowing, I hope you can tell in this picture.

For my final touches I sponged Bravo Burgundy Ink all around the Top Note and added those beautiful Rhinestone as again this is a card for a 13 year old. What girl does not love some Bling?
Stamp Sets: Birthday Bakery (Hostess Level 1 (CM-120115 WM-117034)

Cardstock: Basic Black (121045), Whisper White (100730), & Regals DSP Pack (117154)

Ink: Bravo Burgundy (105214)

Cool Tools: Big Shot (113439), Top Note Die (113463), Crop a Dile (108362) & Sponge Daubers (102892)

Perfect Touch: Basic Jewel Rhinestones (119246), & Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon 1/8” (119261)

Extra’s: Snail (104332)
Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. What a great take on the sketch! thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how well this stamp and sentiment go together, and love the colours you have used. Also love the punched holes on the top note, I am always on the lookout for different ways to hide the ends of my ribbon!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute BD card, love the added bling! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is perfect! love how you interpreted the sketch and used the ribbon on the top note. The trio of rhinestones is luscious. hugs, m

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty!!! Love those colors together too!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Stamping 411 Blog this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Great use of the colors and sketch. Sweet cakes with a perfect sentiment. Glad you joined us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card - I like how you did the ribbon! I'm sure your son's friend loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too adorable.....love the ribbon treatment. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so pretty! You did a fabulous job combining challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a perfect card for a 13 yr old girl's bday...complete with bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very nice birthday card and a bit of sparkle makes all the difference.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute...that stamp is so fun, makes a wonderful b-day card!

    ReplyDelete